Need a new scope in the $1000 range

I second that thought a S&B for under a "GRAND"!!!!! I"ll buy all you can send my way!!!!!!! Those deals don't exist or are very few and far between and they don't make it to any forums period! Buy the PST get a load that is very accurate and send off for the custom elevation turret for about $99.00 and you are good to go!

I second that thought a S&B for under a "GRAND"!!!!! I"ll buy all you can send my way!!!!!!! Those deals don't exist or are very few and far between and they don't make it to any forums period! Buy the PST get a load that is very accurate and send off for the custom elevation turret for about $99.00 and you are good to go!

Or they're beat up or broken. I don't think I've ever seen a S&B or USO scope that has suitable magnification or long range shooting in good condition commanding less than $1,700-$2,000 minimum. I see used scopes like those on the Hide going for $2,500+.

Sightron, better glass, vortex, more features.

I don't need ffp, illumination, nor do I find myself needing a zero stop.

So why not get the better glass, I've had three SIII's, and Sightron's customer service is fantastic. Scopes track dead on, turrets are nice, crisp, audible.

My scope is clear on 32 power, they all have been, and the eyebox isn't impossible to find, another plus. On 8x the thing is astounding in low light, I like it.

PST, crisp turrets, good glass, good features, customer service is all a guy could want, ffp reticle is thick, turns me off. All around good scope.

In case it wasn't clear, Sightrons are SFP only.

Or they're beat up or broken. I don't think I've ever seen a S&B or USO scope that has suitable magnification or long range shooting in good condition commanding less than $1,700-$2,000 minimum. I see used scopes like those on the Hide going for $2,500+.

Not on subject but I used to go to Litiz, Pa to Victor Mousetrap and deliver steel, long time ago...

What the hell is the 'hide'??

I just bought a Steiner Predator Extreme 2.5/10x42 to put on my AR. Ireally like this scope. The glass is right up there with the best. It was a Demo from Camers Land. For 650.00 i figured i couldn't go wrong.

Not on subject but I used to go to Litiz, Pa to Victor Mousetrap and deliver steel, long time ago...

Woodstream has owned it for years, at least the last 10+. It's only minutes from my house.

Snipers hide forum.......... another outlet for gun nuts.

And usually a good place to look for very high end stuff. I'd be willing to bet there is close to $50,000 worth of gear for sale at any one time between the high end glass and full custom rifles.

Snipers Hide... Kind of a strange name for a forum that addresses legal firearm ownership. It brings to mind warfare and covert stuff ib my eyes.

Yep....... scary............... Lots of precision shooters between here, there and accurate shooter you can cover the same info for essentially the same purpose many times over................Art and science of the rifle.

Never said it was strange or scary. better read the post and then comment......

"
Snipers Hide... Kind of a strange name for a forum that addresses legal firearm ownership. It brings to mind warfare and covert stuff in my eyes.

In my eyes, otherwise known as IMO.

I'll ignore the last post. It's not worth answering.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.