Need a Mule deer hunt

BCinKS

I am looking for a mule deer hunt for me ,my cousin,and my uncle .He is 60 so the high mtns are out.We would like to kill a 160 + if possible looking to spend around $4200 max per person.Is this possible?We have killed 18-24" bucks on our own in WY just want something bigger,this is my uncles last hoorah so we want him to get a nice one. Thanks,Brandon

Take him to Laughing Waters and let him shoot a buffalo with a muzzle loader or something special like a 45-70.

Hope that didn't offend you. Some people don't like those kinds of things but there are " special circumstances" when it is really good.

Of course its possible, and you don't have to dig that deep into your pockets either. Shoot me a PM w/your email address and I'll send you a picture of a buck that my hunting buddy took a photo of, and thats from 40 yards away with his wireless phone. This bucks on public land and I'll eat your hat if he isn't over 40" wide! ........and it doesn't cost anything to hunt public land besides the price of a hunting license and a little homework.

Don't know how to add a photo or I would of included it already.

First off figure out where you can GET a tag for starters,this late in the year it may be difficult unless you can afford to buy a landowner tag somewhere.gun)

My Mule Deer get banged on hard here so we don't specifically offer them but I have a friend in South Dakota that has a limited number of hunts on his own ranch that are high quality and well priced. Tags used to be an issue sometimes but it would be worth giving them a call. Jumpoff Buffalo Ranch @ 605-892-4466.

Buffalobob,
Thanks for the plug. I just happen to be wrestling with the fact that my 2 biggest bulls at my home ranch have either been kicked out or, in ones case turned gay. I have grown attached to both of them but they aren't doing anything now. I haven't weighed either one in a couple years but the last time I did one weighed 2400 lbs. and the other weighed 2700 lbs. The big one is the biggest buffalo I have ever owned. You would be hard pressed to find a bigger one to take.

2009?Well then you need to get him applied in several states to draw a tag and then go from there,contact outfitters in the areas you apply for and make plans.If you want a 160 buck you should start with Co and Utah,possibly Wyoming.gun)

I am looking for a mule deer hunt for me ,my cousin,and my uncle .He is 60 so the high mtns are out.We would like to kill a 160 + if possible looking to spend around $4200 max per person.Is this possible?We have killed 18-24" bucks on our own in WY just want something bigger,this is my uncles last hoorah so we want him to get a nice one. Thanks,Brandon
Brandon, I can help you in your quest. I guide for an outfitter in Northeast Wy and that is what we specilize in. We average 165" to 170" mule deer and 75" to 76" antelope. Our price range is right in the area that you are wanting to spend. If your interested look us up at fourhorseoutfitters.com and give me a call. We still have tags and hunts available this fall. Fonzy Haskell 307-756-3808.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts