Need a math check

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by winmagman, May 4, 2003.

1. winmagman

winmagman Well-Known Member

I recently bought a set of burris signature rings and an offset kit. I am looking to add 15 moa to my up adjustment. I put a +.005 in the bottom of the front ring and a 0 in the top of the front. In the rear I have a +.020 on the bottom and a 0 on the top. Originally I thought this would work but I've been thinking about it so much I've confussed myself.(easily done) Any help or reassurance would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Lee in OH

Lee in OH Well-Known Member

STOP!!!!!!!!

The rings are in pairs...the +20 and the -20 stay together. To add 15 MOA, in the front (muzzle end), put the -10 on the bottom and the +10 on the top. In the back put the +5 on the bottom and the -5 on the top.

3. winmagman

Thanks Lee, Now that I think about it that makes sense. (told you I was confused)

4. winmagman

Lee, Thanks again. I don't know how I missed the "use them in sets" part of the instructions but I did. Took them apart and put them together per your advice (the right way) everything just seemed to fall into place. Appreciate the help.

5. Lee in OH

Lee in OH Well-Known Member

I'm just getting into this long range business myself and I've not been able to help many folks out here, so I'm glad I could help you out. [​IMG]

Those Burris Signature rings are really fantastic. I've got at least 4 sets of them.

6. sscoyote

sscoyote Well-Known Member

Lee, i like that stop sign you put up, made me squeal my wheels. Pretty good.