need a long range scope under 500

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by zach5187, Nov 22, 2010.

1. zach5187

zach5187 Member

Hello I am new to this forum as well as long range shooting I am looking for a scope that I would be able to shoot a deer at 50 yards on the run without having troubles with the fov. I also want it to have high enough power to be effective out to 700 yards this will be a strictly deer gun. I had a sendero 25-06 with a 6-18 leupold and it was to high for the low end and not high enough for the high end any help would be great thanks

2. huffmanite

huffmanite Well-Known Member

This Nitrex 4-20X50 SF is a suggestion....very good bright/clear Japanese glass and being a discontinued scope with a $100 rebate, a really good buy. Retailed for about $670, but available for around $280 after rebate and shipping. It is basically a Weaver Super Slam scope and Weaver handles warranty on them.

Nitrex TR Two 4-20X50mm Rifle Scope Matte Finish TrexPlex Reticle - Natchez Shooters Supplies TR Two 4-20X50mm Rifle Scope Matte Finish TrexPlex Reticle

3. zach5187

zach5187 Member

Thanks for the reply I am aware of this scope and I would love to outfit my long range rifle with this however when I go to the website or search for one i can not find one the all say out of stock or discontinued if anybody knows where i can still get one of these please let me know. In the mean time any other suggestions of anything similar to these.

4. huffmanite

huffmanite Well-Known Member

Zach, Natchez originally had the 4-20x50 SF available in three different reticles. They are out of the EBX reticle one, but Natchez shows the Trexplex and Fine X dot still in stock. Go to www.natchezss.com and enter Nitrex TR1 in their search box.....you'll see the scopes they have to ship.