Need a little push in the right direction

m249

Here's what I'm starting out with it's a HS Precision HTR in .300 win mag, 26" barrel with break, Leupold long range mark 4. I was just wondering about loads for this rifle... was thinking about using 190 gr. VLD's. Anything would be a big help.

I would reccomend checking www.reloadersnest.com as a place to find some info. A load We've used in a Sendero 300 Win Mag was 75g. Reloader 22, Federal 215 primer, 190g. Berger, Norma brass. WE got a little over 2900fps and good accuracy. This load worked for us and was safe, but please reduce loads for safety by at least 5g. before working up.

i have loaded for a number of senderos in 300 win. all shot real good. i have found it to be very easy to load for. we loaded 165 bal tip for deer ; 180 accu bond for elk and 210 berger for 1000 yard matches. all with re-22; lapua brass and either wlrm or 215 primers.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.