Need a little help with my 338 RUM

yamikidR1

I was looking for a good load for my 338 RUM will be shooting 180gr Accubond, just wanted to see if anyone has worked one up. I will also be working some 225gr Accubonds up soon to. Thanks

I am shooting the 225 Accubond moly coated with 92 gr of IMR 7828SSC and the Fed 215 GM primer. My 26" barrel is ported so I lose a little velocity but I am getting 3050 fps with low SD and 3/4" groups at 200 yds. You would probably have luck with that powder or RL22 with the 180 gr Accubond as well. Welcome to the forum, there are lots of guys with a wealth of experience here. I have learned a lot.

Good luck,
Sam

I have tried to shoot the 185s but have found the 200grain accubonds to be my most accurate light and fast load.
93grains of h4831sc
The B.C is .414 and at 3000fps at the barrel your still supersonic right around 1200 fps at 1000 yards. The diff. in recoil is not even felt. I havnt tried to push these any faster. Still have more charge potential. I didnt want to mess with a good thing. Let me know if you give it a try and your luck with it.

I used RL22! In noslers book it said to start with 97gr with a 180 ballistic bullets i am shooting 180 Accubonds do you think i will be ok with that load?
Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.