Need a custom rifle making-Who would you recommend.

robbobsam

Hiya Guys,

I am a Brit in the market for a .308/7mm08/284win custom rifle. I have looked at the gunsmiths near to me in the UK and compared to the USA they are very expensive and more orientated around very heavy Benchrest target shooting rifles or Deer stalking and they charge an extortionate rate for the work they do.
I am really struggling to find a gunsmith with any experience making long range hunting rifles and have now started to look at the feasibility of getting a rifle made in the USA and picking it up whilst on Holiday there later this year.

I have an aunt that lives in Florida and I will be there in October-November this year so I need to find a good gunsmith in the Florida. Can you recommend one???

In addition, I have checked out the laws in the UK and according to British law I can purchase and bring a firearm into the UK with me, as long as I inform my local firearms team what I am doing and take my licenses with me, but will a gunsmith from the USA sell me one???

Are there any gunsmiths on here with experience in this field ???

Jim See, Owns and operates Center Shot Rifles. You can access his website @ centershotrifles.com or call him @ (715)- 884-2128 I am having him build me a rifle later this year. I have seen and shot a lot of his guns and they are worth every penny! Hes great to deal with and will be patient with all your questions. He also shoots what he builds and I have been at a few he has won or has other guns he has built win or place well. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts