Need a barrel

Looking for a barrel for my Deviant tactical action. Gun will be mostly for hunting but also some long range target shooting. Im not too worried about weight. Was going to go with a Bartlein heavy palma 1-10 chambered in .300 win mag. Any advice will be appreciated

Looking for a barrel for my Deviant tactical action. Gun will be mostly for hunting but also some long range target shooting. Im not too worried about weight. Was going to go with a Bartlein heavy palma 1-10 chambered in .300 win mag. Any advice will be appreciated

Bartlein makes excellent barrel. You'll get plenty and varying opinions and recommendations based on varying hands on experience. The good thing is that, you'll have plenty of excellent choices.

I've been very happy with Lilja barrels. It's not for .300 WM but my latest build is a .308 cal wildcat (.30 Lara, basically a .300 Jarrett improved) 27" Lilja SS 3-groove Sendero contour 1:9" twist.

IIWY and plan on using the heavy and high BC bullets (i.e., Berger 215/230), I'd go with 1:9" or faster. Berger just updated their 215 Berger twist recommendation from 1:10" to 1:9"

I venture to say that Steve from Hammer Bullets will probably recommend 1:9" twist (maybe even 1:8").

BTW, if you match your deviant action with Lilja barrel and use Hammer Bullets, you have yourself quite a killer Montana made set-up. :)

Good luck!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.