Need 7wsm 180gr hybrid loads

Greywolf18

I finally got some 180gr berger hybrids and some H4831SC to try out. I am shooting it out of a 26" tube. Can someone give me some load info if you you have used this combo out of a 7 WSM? Thanks!

I use 60 grains of H4831 sc with a 180 gr Berger VLD in my 7WSM built by Travis with excellent results, usually a 1/2 or better. I do want to try those hybrids though. I'll try and post a group shortly.

I have a 26" Rock barrel with a DE 3-port break. I am getting 2762fps. Below are two groups of 3 shots each with H4831sc and 180 berger VLD's. Both groups are in the calipers 1st and 2nd. I am measuring the lower 2nd group.

Attachments

• photo7WSM.JPG
    photo7WSM.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 103
Thanks, Travis from R Bros builds a great rifle! The rifle is on his web site. Let me know how those Hybrids shoot. I want to try them in my 7STW.

Depending on throat length and seating depth you can get just as good accuracy running 300fps faster with 66-70grn of H1000 in a 26" barrel, I can easily get over 3kfps in my 28" barrels. Good luck.

I don't know about 4831 sc but I use 64 gr of 7828 ssc and get 3075 fps with 180 vld's out of a 27" tube shooting 1/2 moa.

Backwoods- I've been using H1000 for the 168gr VLD's. I know a couple people that have said to try 4831sc because they are getting better results with it. I'll try both eventually but wanted to start with the 4831SC.

4831 will do just fine, just holds back velocity, but it is the ticket with 162s and 168s.

Berger "Hybrids"

Not to poach your thread but I have a question... .

Looking at Berger's site I don't see the "Hybrids" listed anywhere specifically as such.

Are the "hybrids" just the "Hunting VLD's"?

Re: Berger "Hybrids"

Not to poach your thread but I have a question... .

Looking at Berger's site I don't see the "Hybrids" listed anywhere specifically as such.

Are the "hybrids" just the "Hunting VLD's"?

No, they're a hybrid between the secant ogive of a VLD bullet and the tangent ogive, like that of Sierra bullets. The hybrid offers the best of both worlds- the BC of a secant ogive, and the user-friendliness of a tangent ogive.

Re: Berger "Hybrids"

No, they're a hybrid between the secant ogive of a VLD bullet and the tangent ogive, like that of Sierra bullets. The hybrid offers the best of both worlds- the BC of a secant ogive, and the user-friendliness of a tangent ogive.
Maybe I'm retarded tonight. I can't find them specifically listed on Berger's site other than one page that gives the same description you just did.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.