neck tension for vld's into the lands

carverelli

neck tension for vld\'s into the lands

I'm loading for a 6-284. I'd like to experiment w/ seating the bullet into the rifling. I'm using Redding bushing dies and can put anywhere from .001 to .008 neck tension on the bullet(107gr mk). The problem I've had in the past is I either have to shoot the bullet out the gun or risk pulling the bullet out of the case and dumping powder all over the action etc. Is there anyway around this inconvenience. Shooting paper is no problem, but in the field, sometimes the shot no longer presents itself and I have to move the rig, hence the unloading part. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Re: neck tension for vld\'s into the lands

I am going to experience this same problem here real soon. When the 125g ULD RBBT gets here for my 25-06, I'm going to start right off the lands, but its still going to be way to long to fit in my magazine. I guess I should buy a benchrest follower and expect to single shot it. Dont put a shell in it untill you are ready to fire is what I'm expecting. It will be different though.

Re: neck tension for vld\'s into the lands

hey remington 25_06, I see you're just on the other side of the river. I live in Kennewick...small world heh.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.