Neck sizeing die.How to use.

That is exactly what I was trying to say. For hunting I cycle them all long before I ever get in the heat of it. In all my years of neck sizing it has never been an issue.

I wonder if and suspect from what I have gathered over the years is red line loads fired in a non-trued/non-blueprinted Remington stretch much more than they do in my Weatherby or Ruger rifles do therby leading to a hunt ending stuck bolt or broken rifle. When I was 16 I had to use a boot, branch, 2x4, rubber mallet, etc, more than a few times to open the bolt on some of my early, "let the big dog eat," experimental loads in the Ruger 7Mag of mine. That was even on brand new brass. The sticky bolt lift was surely from super excessive loads rather than resizing. If I tried that treatment to a Remington 700 I would have been out of business as either the extractor or bolt handle would surely have failed. I have since out grown trying to make my guns more than what they are at the loading bench. I could surely live with a Remington now in a custom. I never was into customs due to perceived cost but due to this site have learned better.

Let me say it again before anyone thinks I'm trolling for a "my gun is better war" or a Ruger or Weatherby debate, I am not. There is nothing wrong with Remington actions. I have seen and shot some extremely nice Remingtons including one of Kirby's extreme 270 Allen Mags and shot better 500 yard groups with it than any of my store bought junk.

Resizing 300 Rum

To JohnnyK
Thanks so much for your help. I tried sizing like you said. It worked like a charm. All of my cases are less than .002 out of concentric. Most are .001. All I need to do now is load and
shoot groups.
Thanks again Larry G B

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.