Nebraska late season muley doe

dirtking

Was able to make it out Saturday to fill one of my late season tags. I was setup on some cut bean fields. About an hour before sunset 3 does made there way into the fields to feed. I entered the field conditions into shooter on my phone. Range was 386 yards. Settled in behind the rifle and corrected the parallax along with dialing the 5.8 moa of drop. Wind was almost zero. Settled the reticle behind her shoulder and slowly squeezed the trigger till the rifle barked sending the 140gr amax. Hit her directly behind the shoulder. She ran about 60 yards and tipped over.

Just want to say thanks to Len for an awesome site and everyone that has contributed to this site. Especially to Broz for his behind the scenes help he has provided me!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 176
Congrats. Well done! It seems funny to me that you found a day to hunt in Nebraska with calm winds, especially in the western part of the state. I would have to regard that, in and of itself, to be a good omen.

Nice rig, BTW. Which 6.5 is it chambered for?

Thanks! I believe the shooting gods were watching over me! It was blowing around 10mph but for about 3 mins during dialing and through the shot the wind just stopped! This rifle is chambered in 6.5 creedmoor.

We did good in Nebraska this year too...

Deer1_zps58bd7178.jpeg

image_zps5c6ff8b7.jpeg

Deer5_zps99e6ecbb.jpeg

Deer3_zps61a591c6.jpeg

It was windy basically the whole trip, then it was calm for about an hour and I managed to smack one at 400 with my 6.5x284. That was the longest shot that presented itself during the hunt.

Looks like you guys were stacking them like it was your job! Great job and a hell of a buck you got! Where abouts were you hunting?

South of Loomis and West of Atlanta. I also have a small section south of Oxford to hunt on. There were 4 of us this year and we ended up with 8 deer. We have a bit of meat to eat now... :D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.