ND Hunting Insight??

kdog70

I am not looking for any body's secret spot but.....

Thinking in the fall I would like to go out to ND for Deer, Pheasant and maybe pdogs(not that important) Mainly pheasants and morning and evening deer hunts. Anybody got tips or ticks for time of year and area for non residents to go out there.

I don't think you will get a deer tag for ND as a non res, My freinds who live in ND only draw about once every 3 years. Archery is doable for a non res tag.

I don't think you will get a deer tag for ND as a non res, My freinds who live in ND only draw about once every 3 years. Archery is doable for a non res tag.

I don't know what your friends are putting in for, maybe buck mule deer only or whitetail buck only. In the last 16 years of hunting North Dakota whitetails, the only time I have ever NOT gotten a tag is if I put in for a buck - and that was only one year, I still got doe tags. Mule deer are a different story - there aren't as many and they are all on the west side of the state.

My Dad, a few friends of ours, and myself have all on a regular basis been able to get pretty much as many tags as we want - we have had five each at the same time.

Non-residents I don't know about.

Current deer population is down significantly from a few years back, so its harder to get a deer, but not a tag.

Matt N

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts