NC Bear Hunt

Flametop7

Hello All,

I just recently moved to Fayetteville, NC and I am looking to go and hunt for some black bears. I know that there is some areas to hunt in the western part of the state around Boone. Does anyone have any advice on good places to go?

Hello All,

I just recently moved to Fayetteville, NC and I am looking to go and hunt for some black bears. I know that there is some areas to hunt in the western part of the state around Boone. Does anyone have any advice on good places to go?

Plenty of bears up here in Asheville.

Grew up around Lenoir Boone blowing rock

Yes we have bear but the best biggest bears is on the coast of NC in and around Hyde and Dare Counties on the coast. Those bears can go 400 pounds and larger.
Go to game and fish site and get the bear harvest report by county.

The record was harvested on the coast we usally share the record with Penn State and NC every few years.

As for size our bears are smaller and less in numbers in the western part of the state and terrain is steep and rough.

Jeff in North Pole, Alaska

Last edited:
Grew up around Lenoir Boone blowing rock

Yes we have bear but the best biggest bears is on the coast of NC in and around Hyde and Dare Counties on the coast. Those bears can go 400 pounds and larger.
Go to game and fish site and get the bear harvest report by county.

The record was harvested on the coast we usally share the record with Penn State and NC every few years.

As for size our bears are smaller and less in numbers in the western part of the state and terrain is steep and rough.

Jeff in North Pole, Alaska

The WORLD RECORD black bear was killed in NC.

I was talking about my home state NC.

Yes the record bounced back a fourth between PN and NC

879-pound black bear killed in Pike County PN in 2010 new record

McCoy Bear

Last edited:
I was talking about my home state NC.

Yes the record bounced back a fourth between PN and NC

879-pound black bear killed in Pike County PN in 2010 new record

McCoy Bear

I looked it up..and I stand corrected. Thanks for setting me straight.

Do you mean PA? Never heard of PN. Pike county is about 45 mins away from me.

Anyone able to recommend an outfitter on the coast?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts