National Match Rifle Support ??????

demarpaint

Has anyone of you LR shooters tried one of these rests? National Match Rifle Support. It looks like a nice setup. Pro's and Con's would be appreciated.

Thanks
Frank D

Looks like a "leaverite" item to me... "leave her right here"!

IMHO... keep it SIMPLE is the key. If you figure to shoot in the field with it and at the range (if you shoot at a range) then have at it...if it's going to be a range only item what value is it...it may even be a detriment! Are you fooling yourself about field accuracy by using a range device to remove your shooter induced variables... Marksmanship (as I see it) is about learning to remove the variables
from your field technique..we do this at the range. When your technique is better than the rifles' ability to group you've accomplished something and it's time to upgrade the rifle.
I shoot the same method at the range that I use in the field...field accuracy and precision are what were (I'm) after and I can't get judge field accuracy and precision by using a different technique between the two places. As I see it, the range is the place to practice and better your field technique..

"****...I said most of that twice didn't I
smile.gif
)...get's me heated up I guess... like getting crutches to help you run faster!

Nothing personal...just me in "Rant mode"!

Thanks Dave,

My son showed it to me (web site) and was talking about using it off a bench. Looked like it was pretty well built BBBBBUUUUUUUTTTTTTT?????? Not sure how practical it would be for testing loads, maybe some LR varmint shooting, etc. Thought I would post it and ask the pro's

Thanks

[ 08-18-2003: Message edited by: demarpaint ]

I bought one a bout 5 months ago, and couldnt be happier.

Dave is right.

But, when you are working on load development, for example, this thing really shines, as it takes out most if not all shooter error.
No recoil allows you to shoot all day long, with no sore shoulder.

The National Match Rifle Rest, is not made to see how good you can shoot.
It's to see how accurate your rifle is..IMHO
It was worth every cent..sakofan..

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.