My Spring Gobbler 08'

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Kevin Cram, May 10, 2008.

1. Kevin Cram

Kevin Cram <b>SPONSOR</b>

Well after not being able to hunt the first couple of days because of work, I finally made it out last Wednesday. By 9 am I was on my 4th bird of the morning and things just managed to work out. 24 lbs. 9" beard. 7/8" spurs.

[​IMG]

2. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

Montour

Nice bird "congratz"

J E CUSTOM

3. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Nice job! I suppose it was too early in the morning to smile....:)

4. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

a spring bird that weighs 24#, that's a whopper! congrats. is the season still in? i had 15 gobblers in the field next to my house yesterday morning. every one had a 5 o'clock shadow. not a mature bird in the bunch.

5. Kevin Cram

Kevin Cram <b>SPONSOR</b>

For an early season bird in my area that large but not uncommon. I shot one in 2006 that had a 10 1/2" beard and a 5" beard 1" spurs and weighed 27lbs. That one I had mounted, but it still is at the taxidermist. I just called last week and gave him hell for taking 2 years. He's a friend of mine who used to do alot of the mounts for Dick Cabela in Reno NV and is doing taxidermy part time and doing it for a very good price, so I'll let him take his time.

6. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

there's only one person that's worse to tell "i'm not in a hurry for it" than a gunsmith...that would be a taxidermist!