My Son's First Deer

ADMIN

Administrator
This story begins well before the hunt. Every year I try my best to hunt with my best friend John Bailey in Missouri at the beginning of the gun season. This is during Veterans' Day weekend, which is special to us because we both served as First Sergeants in the United States Air Force and retired on the same day in 1995. My son Brian would come along with us since age six when we hunted doves, ducks, and pheasants in Japan. At age ten, Brian went through his hunter safety class and received his hunter safety card. He had deer hunted twice, without success, in Georgia where I am now an educator. Brian lost interest in hunting and turned his attention to sports and getting his education.
Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, My Son's First Deer, By Charles Smith. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.