My Season.....6 shots 6 Dead

Good shootin' there MagMan. I'd have to say you broke that rifle in properly in it's first hunting season. I have a 338 Edge in the works and it will be a similar set-up to yours. I too appreciate the info on the hit results/reactions of the deer with your set-up.

In regard to the reactions of game animals when shot, it's hard to predict sometimes how an animal will react. I feel you may get various results even with identical shot placement. For example, yesterday I shot a big bodied 4.5 yr old buck with my 45-70 at 35yds. I held on the point of the shoulder hoping to drop him on the spot as he cruised toward my treestand. At the shot he hit full-tilt-boogie for about 65-70 yds and crashed head first into the creek. Upon skinning him the big 300gr jacketed hollow point; not only busted his shoulder, but also demolished his chest/heart area. The other bucks I have shot with the same gun/load all hit the dirt pretty quick. How he kept from going straight down I never know, some are just plain tough.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I did have a fun year but at this point it seems like my season flew by.

Kirby, any chance you remember the last time you weren't busy....:D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.