My Savage gripe....

Winmag, I'll make you a deal, you through down on that Accumark and pull the barrel I'll thread up a barrel nut for it so you'll be able to pack it in the mountains:D One of these day's I'll make a Savage that you'll want gun)

I'll admit I did drag a Remington 700 home a month ago, sad but true! It's a real slick and clean 7mag, not being able to bring myself to shoot it I figured it'll make another 338 RUM exactly like the Savage one I'm just wrapping up. Everything will be the same, action truing, barrel, reamer and smith and we'll see how they shoot side by side :D

I own or have owned just about every rifle mentioned here over the last 45 years including a few Savages that I currently shoot. All of them are consistent, accurate shooters. I also own other brands that shoot as well, or better. I agree that the design, style, and finish, is not what I would classify as best of breed. But that is based upon opinion, personal appeal, intended use, and what I personally expect a rifle to be. I have never owned a reliable and accurate rifle that I didn't like. On the other hand I have never owned a rifle that has surpassed the overall appeal of my pre-64 Model 70. The first time I saw a Remington 700, I reacted the same way many react to the Savage in terms of design, finish etc. I thought the 700 was cheap looking and the design was crap, as were the newer Model 70's. Of course this was all based upon personal experience and opinion.

Winmag, I'll make you a deal, you through down on that Accumark and pull the barrel I'll thread up a barrel nut for it so you'll be able to pack it in the mountains:D One of these day's I'll make a Savage that you'll want gun)

I'll admit I did drag a Remington 700 home a month ago, sad but true! It's a real slick and clean 7mag, not being able to bring myself to shoot it I figured it'll make another 338 RUM exactly like the Savage one I'm just wrapping up. Everything will be the same, action truing, barrel, reamer and smith and we'll see how they shoot side by side :D

winmag, sorry man, you know we all love you but I'm going with the "homeboyz" on this on. :D:rolleyes::cool::)

Checkout our NZ bro taking goat at 660 meters at the mountains on a all factory Savage game harvester ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VBAInIDlG4"]long range goat hunting savage 270 660 metres (721 yards) - YouTube[/ame]

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.