My predator rifle

ARPredatorHunters

Here is a picture of my main predator rifle. It is a Remington 700 VS in 243 caliber. I shoot the 55 grain Nosler BT at about 4100 fps. The scope is a Leupold 6.5-20x50 Long Range and the stock is one of those Choate Ultimate Sniper things. I camoflauged it myself using Duracoat. This particular rifle is soon going to be living at my buddies house as I am having a new 6mm WOA AR15 being built to replace it.

9c7a2fde.jpg

Greg

Thanks. That gun and me have been the demise of an awful lot of predators over the years. I hate to part with it at all, but that buddy of mine really wants it bad after he heard that I was having a nice AR15 built. I sold it to him on the condition that he can never re-sell it except to me and for no more than he pays for it. At least I will still get to watch it in action on our predator hunts.

Digital camo sure is all the rage these days, and it is kind of enjoyable to paint it onto the rifle.

Here is the other side of the thing. My buddy is driving up on Wednesday to pick it up. Will be a bit of time before my gunsmith gets my 6mm WOA AR15 finished, but I am most likely going to paint it up just like this.

90ec58d1.jpg

Sorry to those who posted and I haven't visited this post for a while. I have an article about painting camo onto a rifle on my predator website. I can try to post it on here if ya'll would like. It is outlining how to put a "Krylon" paint job on, but the concepts apply to any style. The digital camo is applied in layers with a lot of stencil work. You first have to spray it with a solid color and then apply stencils to that and then shoot it with another color and then peel those and come back to it with yet another color and female stencils to put on the three color digital that I did on the above rifle.

Here are a couple more pics of another gun that I just finished putting a DuraCoat finish on. When my new 6mm WOA gets finished I think I am going to paint it up similar to this AR15 that I just sold to my buddy.

cgAR15_1.jpg

cgAR15_2.jpg

The following two pictures are done using the Krylon process that I mention. Krylon won't last even remotely as well as DuraCoat, but it is pretty cheap and you don't need a lot of special tools to put it on.

Remington243_2.jpg

Here is the end product from the article that I mentioned.

AROnGrass.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.