My Old Alaska Hunt Pictures

Here's a couple of pictures from '94, these are souvenirs from friends who we took hunting with us a couple of times over the years. The second picture is of a mountain lake a few miles from where we hunt, we had to make a connection with a float plane to pick up a couple of hunters one had to make an emergency trip out for some dental work.

Gus

1290019001_1994_hunt0030s.jpg

1290019029_1994_hunt0006s.jpg

love those buggys is there a chance if im ever over there from kodiak and can come take a look at them. Looks like a fun toy.

I hunt for a number of reasons, I like eating wild game and my family has been eating wild game for many years. I like being in the mountains, especially in the fall watching the green explode into all the colors of fall. Watching the animals where they live, for the most part devoid of contact with man. I like seeing the country we hunt and all the scenery it has to offer. When we leave our camp after moose season is over most of the other hunters have already gone home. There are many times when we travel for the 2-3 days that it takes us to go from our hunting camp to the highway without seeing a soul. Here's a picture from one of those trips out.

Gus
1255830190_2002_hunt_361.jpg

Love all the pics Speedo, just amazing! That one of the griz being held up by the buggy is something else. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics!

This is one of the greatest posts I have seen in awhile. Beautiful scenery, great trophies, and innovative 'buggies'. I hope you have more pictures to share Speedo.

I think Alaska is next on the list.

Here is the only picture that I have left of the first time my wife to be went out hunting with me, she is the one in the green jacket with her back to me. I was terrible about taking pictures back then worse about keeping the ones that I did take. Four of us went on that trip, 2 Honda Big Reds in the bed and we slept in the bed of the pick-up. We shot 4 caribou and my wife was hooked on hunting.

Gus
1290934085_1984_taylor_hiway0005.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.