My next rifle .264/6.5

Greg Duerr

Ive read a lot of information on the 6.5/285 and the 6.5-06 most of it points to the Lapua Brass that is available. Performance being the same between each one, with the exception of those who like the 6.5-06AI.
There is one that I cant seem to find any information on that from the little I have found should be out there more than it is. The 6.5x55 AI, is one of the few that has a huge gain in performance when Improved, might even be the same as the more popular ones, 6.5/284 or the 06. NO info on the ballistics though. I did read that when improving the .250 savage you get a net gain of 300fps making it equal to the 25-06 so with the 6.5x55 being equal in performance inhancement as the 250 I could say that the 6.5x55 AI is equal to the 6.5-06 or close to the AI.
Then there is the 6.5 Remington Magnum that is soooo close to the .264 Win Mag................Odd balls but they just might someday beat out the competition.

Any experiacne out there??

I have been looking at the 6.5x55 AI also, contact "Bob the Nailer" on here, he had/has one and can give you some info.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.