My new weapon!!!

First, let me apologize to kapoc for taking the wind from beneath his feet. I'm sorry, I know how it is to get a new gun.

Now, UncleB. You have no idea what it's like being "born red in a blue state". Boxer, Feinstein, Hollyweird and the Land of the Fruits and the Nuts. It's not easy.

But, words, and spin control is very important, no matter where you live. If we allow them to frame the issues, we are always coming from behind.

Now, for instance; is a black semiauto with a pistol grip, an assault weapon, as the Media tells us it is? Or, is there some way we can apply logic and define the term as originally intended, ie: a full auto small arm machine gun?

They also tell us that there is "no legitimate sporting purpose for assault weapons".

See, two lies in one sentence!

First of all, nowhere in the second ammendment does it say we only have a right to own firearms that have a "legitimate sporting purpose". Rather, it says we have the right to keep and bear arms; maybe for self defense, not just bird hunting.

Secondly, we have allowed stupid people that do not understand what an assault weapon is; to define what an "assault weapon" is? Is that rediculous, or what?

This is serious stuff. I do not own weapons, or any type of machine gun, but I have a number of firearms.

Good hunting. LB

No thread hijacking from me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Just a pat on the back for the wonderful purchase, she's a beauty! Congrats. I will be expecting a full review in the near future. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Meister,
I was working myself up for a tirade of how undeserved the comments of LB were directed toward kapac, but with out typing a word that little yellow frowny Icon was the perfect response, nicely done.
UB

LB
I do agree with some of your comments but they should be taken to general discussion under your own thread. dont take down an innocent victim that is excited about a "weapon" that he has spent a lot of time ,energy and thousands of dollars to build.
I realize that in this day and age we all need to be a little more P.C. but a little disgression is advisable as well.
UB

Re: My new Rifle,Gun,Piece,Bow, critter gitter!!!

Kapac, good looking rifle. I have one that looks just like it but its chambered in 220 Swift and sports an A-4 stock. Regarding which type of scope she's going to wear, buy the NightForce 5.5x22x56mm NXS. I have one on mine, and I love it. The reticle used is the Double Dot. Wildcat!

Yeah, I was just sittin here wondering if I should send LB my responces from now on so he could proof them for me, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I wonder if he can spell check too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif HeHeHe Bub bye LB. Anyway thanks for checkin her out wildcat how do you like that double dot? Does it cover things up when you get out there a ways? I have been balancing from the Mark 4 or NXS, I have owned alot of Leupolds but never a NXS any input or guidance where I could get such articles or info. would be great. Thanks

Nightforce scopes blow Leupold's away in my opinion. I own both and the Nightforce scopes are that much better. Their clarity puts Leupolds to shame. Now don't get me wrong, I love Leupold scopes too!! but if you want the best quality and clarity, then go with the Nightforce. They are heavier than Leupolds, but not buy that much. I own three Nightforce scopes, two(2)12x42x56mm NXS's and one (1) 5.5x22x56mm NXS. They are awesome and everybody that has looked through my scopes have changed to Nightforce. You have put a lot of money and work into your firearm, so you should top that beauty with the best scope. Trust me, you will love the Nightforce. As far as articles to read, I have nothing I can refer you to other than this site. Many people will agree with me that Nightforce scopes are the best. There are some who have different opinions, but the majority will feel the same way I do. I own Leupolds, so once again I am not knocking Leupolds, I just have experience using both scopes, and I feel Nightforce scopes are head and shoulders above the rest in clarity and quality. As far as the Double Dot reticle, I love it and it doesn't cover the target up at longer distances. The dot is very very small. I think you like the reticle if your going to be pdogin, squirrel, yote or chuck hunting. It is a great reticle because you can see everything in the scope. Anyway, beautiful gun and good luck picking your choice scope. Hint, pick the Nightforce!!!

Thanks, Wildcat

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.