My new rig and I need some more info please

newgunner

Remington 700 SPS dm .308
Zeiss Conquest 3-9 x 40 Rapid Z600
Burris ZEE rings
Rock Mount bipod

I need a spotting scope. I am looking at the Vortex Nomad 20-60 x 60 or the Leupold Ventana 15-45 x 60 am I on the right track with these choices has anyone used them? I am mostly punching paper 100-400 yds. will try hunting next season. My price range is maxing out taxes in $500. Canadian prices.

Attachments

• DSC_2842.jpg
    DSC_2842.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_2855.jpg
    DSC_2855.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_2859.jpg
    DSC_2859.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 103
I just got the nomad a couple a weeks ago and love it. I haven't had the chance to try it out other than at 240yrds. You can see fine detail on 40x very good. I am looking to try it out to 1000 yards very soon.

If you're on a budget don't be shy about making use of the classifieds here at LRH, or even shopping on Ebay.

I've seen some very nice spotting scopes sell both places at very reasonable prices.

Nice looking rig BTW. Hope it shoots well for you.

I have never owned a rifle before and thinking of buying the DM next weekend. I know if comes with detachable magazine that holds 4.

I would like to know if I can buy extended magazine for the remington 700 DM without buying a magazine conversion kit?

This would help me decide between the ADL Varmint ($350 @ Di3k'$) and the SPS DM ($550 @ Bass Pro). Both in .308.

Conversion kits cost $250+ but if I can just get an extended magazine for the DM, I would be saving money.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.