My new rifle pics

Re: first groups out of new rifle

sugarbear,
wich leupold scope are you using? is it a mark 4? just woundering. i have the pleasure of working down the street from gary schnieder who i got my barrel from and he has a lot of imput to give tward my shooting and he pridicted that i would have problems with the scope from the get go unless i sent my scope to some place that beefs them up. anyway i live in payson wich is only about an hour outside of phoenix wich is right in unit 22. if your ever in the neighborhood let me know can give you some good hunting spots. i will be shooting again next weekend to see if things get better because the weather was not exactly prime shooting conditions this weekend.

I came through Payson this past weekend! I'll be going through again at the end of the month (doing some boy scout leader training at R-C above Kohl's Ranch). I've got the Vari-X III mounted on my rifle. With a rifle weight of 12.5 lbs. and a good brake on the muzzle, I don't believe the jarring from firing the rifle is enough to move the scope or reticle. If you want, send me an email at [email protected]. I would like to know where you go for some long range practice, and wouldn't mind taking a look at your rifle. When is your elk hunt in unit 22?

Karl

sugarbear,
fixed my third shot problem i sold my mark 4 and got a night force. shoots one jagged hole at a hundred now. my elk hunt is in 6A and it starts november 24. i usually shoot up top of the rim in 6A there are so many places to shoot up to 1000 yds. up there. have to arrange a time to bring your rifle up and we can go shoot some long distances. there are a lot of coyotes up in 6A too if lou like shooting varmits

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.