My New Long Range .338 Lapua

Got to send about 60 rounds down the tube while there. It was built by Joe Starns in Conrad and he has a very nice range to test his stuff. I even managed to smack a couple 300 smk's on his 2100 yard 36" gong. After that going back to the 1000 and 1200 yard target seem easy. This is my first all out long range rig, and as you can tell, I am hooked!!:cool:

Still plenty of time to practise before hunting season. I need to lean to read the wind before I try long shots on game. But if it is a calm morning Elk and Muley's beware.:D

Jeff
DSC00363.jpg

Nice rig

So, now that you have your 338 Lapua, are you happy with it and why?

Yes, I am very happy and have over 500 rounds down the tube. Why am I happy, well , it's easy to load for, brass life is great, it does everything I wanted it to. Longest shot was at 1137 yards on a small KS. whitetail with a 10 to 15 mph full value wind. I could go on and on. But maybe this will sum it up quicker.

YouTube - Extreme range hunthing with a .338 Lapua

gun)gun)

Last edited:
Anyone try the aluminum tipped bullets in their .338's??? If they are s high in BC abuilder claims they should do well at 2K --or not???

Laus Deo
overbore

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.