My New Gun 30-378

Discussion in 'Humor' started by dirtboy, Jul 19, 2010.

1. dirtboy

dirtboy Well-Known Member

Well I had my rifle sent out to them carbon barrel guys. They put a new barrel, trigger, accur. the action timney trigger at 2.5 teflon coated this and that titanium muzzbrake. I top it off with mounts from the guy in canada and put a 3x12x50 mil, LP S&B scope on it with Gen II reticle. 30-378 Great gun! My testing was with 180 gr accubonds at a ground hog at 125 yrds. Well It worked! That ground hog never new what hit him. accubonds perform great at close range. I was unable to retreive the bullet to see what kind of exspantion it had, but buy the way the groundhog looked I'd say alot..lol! As soon as I get all my reloading stuff together I'll be test 210 bergers on tweety birds, just have to get one to land.

2. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great rig, how about a pic?

3. dirtboy

This is probably A stupid ?, but how do you insert a pic.? Its asking me for a URL when I hit image insert. I am somewhat computer dum..lol! I was trying to download an image on my profile earleir and couldn't figure it out.

4. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

5. dirtboy

I tried to get pics on here and I will as soon as my girl gets on here and figures it I because I tried and can't,..lol!

6. dirtboy

Pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. dirtboy

[​IMG]

8. TheHardWay

TheHardWay Well-Known Member

That's a mighty expensive round to reload for to be shooting at ground hogs and tweety birds!

Of course who am I to talk....I've been known to shoot 'yotes with my 338-378....

9. dirtboy

Thehardway.. I want to make sure I make clean quick kills..lol! Yes it is expensive. Thats why I just got a browning 300wsm xbolt. Great round! How do you like that 338-378 I was debating on having my gun chambered to that instead. I just found more options with the 30 cal. I still want a 338, but I was think that338 norma everone talking about on hear.gun)

10. TheHardWay

TheHardWay Well-Known Member

I just bought a 300wsm too, lol.

Personally, I love the 338-378. It is an out of the box Accumark, and after some trial and error with reloads, it will shoot a ragged hole with 225 gr Barnes TSXs. I haven't missed any game with it yet from coyotes to elk.

True about the options with the 30 cal. One of these days I will buy a 30-378 just to have a matched set.
    338 Edge and 338 Lapua are also some other options to consider....

11. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

dirtboy, sharp looking rig. Enjoy.

12. dirtboy

@ chas, thanks know I evertime I post something a big pic comes up of my gun..lol! i got to firgure out how to downsize the profile pic.

13. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

That's ok, I enjoy looking at it everytime:).