My new Edge

roadhunter

Here is a pic of my new lightweight .338 Edge built by Jim See former owner of www.centershotrifles.com (soon to be with Surgeon Rifles). This is the second rifle Jim has built me and both have been absolute tac drivers. My goal was to build a .338 Edge around 10lbs and Jim delivered. The rifle weighs 8 lb 3 oz without the scope and is right at 10lbs as pictured.

I have about 100rds of 300 gr. Berger Elite Hunter Hybrids down the tube with virgin Bertram brass, H1000, and CCI250's. I stumbled on a load the other day and managed to pull off the attached group at 200 yds. The MOA gods must have been on my side :D I can't wait to get out and shoot some distance!

Here are the specs;

Remington 700 SS blueprinted
Holland lug
bolt flute and knob by Kempfeld customs
Sako extractor by Jim
Wyatt's extended mag box
Jewell trigger
28" Brux 1-10 twist fluted #5 barrel
CSR muscle break
Precision Stock Works stock by McMillan
Gun Metal gray Cerekote
Defensive Edge base/ring combo w/ACI/ACD
G7 Nightforce 5.5-22x50 NPR-1

That's the kind of rifle you want to take home and meet your mom with. Very nice set up and it think it's gonna make you proud. Have you tried Sierra match kings out of it yet??

Randy

Thanks guys. I haven't tried any Sierras yet. I shot them in my last Edge and may have to go back if the Bergers don't start becoming available again. I only got 100 Elite hunter hybrids left.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.