MY NEW BABY ARRIVED !!!! hehe...

G

Well.. seems as though the word is out that Mr. Matthews can build one hell of a rifle.. I had to wait for this one for a 3 months.. but it was OH so worth it....

OK OK well it was my fault I couldn't amke up my mind what caliber...Mr. Matthews turn around time is almost too quck .. ya know.. gotta find the funds to pay for it too quick.. "you obsessive gotta have a new stick" owners know what I mean...

300WM A5
Rem LA
26" Rock 10 twist ( M24 Contour )
Badger Break ( new design )
Badger Metal all around
20 MOA base
Rings
Tactical Bolt knob
OD teflon flat black
S&B PM II 4-16 Mil Dot

PC304284.jpg

PC304285.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

SWEET!!!

Truth is Ric just wanted one like mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif lol

Another master piece by Chris Matthews!

Ric get us some performance data!

Thats SWEET!! I am having one built sorta like it ...mine will also be a 300WM but in a Sporter Fill A3 Badger metal& Rings...I can't wait to get mine...Very nice I like it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What does Badger's new brake look like? , you gotta keep us informed on how it shoots and how the brake works.

What are you looking to get out of that rig performance wise like what bullets and such?

Oh yea and by the way that is one sweet rig

Hey Ric
Nice rig but I like mine more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
700 Action
28" Broughton 5-C Heavy varmint 6.5-284
Badger top bottom and rings
Tactical bolt knob
Teflon flat black
M-4 8.5-25
A-5 50%green 25%gray 25%black
Just started breaking it in one mild load first 3-shot group was in the .3's 1st 5-shot group was in the .4's with three of the rounds in the same hole /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Cant wait to get som time off to shoot and work up a load. When i figure out how to post a picture I will.

By the way the smith was Chris Matthews.
Ours must have been created around the same time just got it two weeks ago. Now I need a 30 Cal. like yours.

Rimfire.. yeah.... ours were created at the same time... I remember Chris saying he had finished yours got it shipped and mine was next...
I hope my weather holds .. it has been crappy.. we are getting all that stuff from California...

The badger break as far as I know the ports look a tad bigger and they are more at 9/3 than 10/2 ...

I hope to get 2800 fps + with a 220.. but we'll see

the fun part is trying new stuff!!!

any more questions fire away!!!

Ric

Nice rig there, Rick. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'm trying to figure out who now hold first place for most custom rifle purchaces, Dave King or YOU. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Does Chris offer a lease program or what! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ric if you have not tried the Badger break yet ..watch out!! your going to fall in love with the thing..I just had a .338 Lapua built with one and with max loads it feels like a hot .308 or maybe a 06 at the most. Let us know how you like it...ohh yeah it does not seem to be that loud either.
Keith

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.