my new 7mmx300win

I just picked up 6lbs of H1000 a little bit ago and I got about 500 bergers left so don't worry guys there will be plenty of shooting for me to share!

cummin-un-glued;

I have been on the quest that you have attained and I see that you are approaching the summit of your quest in your rifle build..

I am just getting started up the mountain but I hope to get there with you or
just a little behind..

I too; have a 300 win mag... I started with one in the Service and they wouldn't let me keep it... So I bought a 300 win mag, Model 70 in the early 60's and it will NOT cut the mustard.. So I recently bought the Savage, model 110, bull barrel, and it won't hold 1000 yards without some of "John Wayne's Kentucky windage..

Plain and simple;; I want to build one like yours.. I am not the crazy about Weatherby..

I do believe that I could accomplish what I want if I can get the MM mated up to the 300 win mag and get the 28 inch barrel?? It has a 24 inch now with a
lot of free bore.. I am seating 3.615 now with berger 210 gr. VLD match.

Could you give me some pointers?? Please

Knapper

cummin-un-glued;

I have been on the quest that you have attained and I see that you are approaching the summit of your quest in your rifle build..

I am just getting started up the mountain but I hope to get there with you or
just a little behind..

I too; have a 300 win mag... I started with one in the Service and they wouldn't let me keep it... So I bought a 300 win mag, Model 70 in the early 60's and it will NOT cut the mustard.. So I recently bought the Savage, model 110, bull barrel, and it won't hold 1000 yards without some of "John Wayne's Kentucky windage..

Plain and simple;; I want to build one like yours.. I am not the crazy about Weatherby..

I do believe that I could accomplish what I want if I can get the MM mated up to the 300 win mag and get the 28 inch barrel?? It has a 24 inch now with a
lot of free bore.. I am seating 3.615 now with berger 210 gr. VLD match.

Could you give me some pointers?? Please

Knapper

Yes sir I would be glad to help in any way that I can. Did you buy the savage long range hunter? Anyways it sounds like your wanting to do a custom build off of the savage action or are you going to play with this rifle you have now first?

For everyone else that might be following this thread and might not check into the ELR section of the forum here is the latest from this rifle

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f116/7mmx300win-1765-yards-123319/

cummin-un-glued

I am stuck in an area that I know absolutely nothing about..

That is the area of the throat reamers of the rifle??

I understand the part of what a reamer does but if I was to have a reamer made to an exact caliber, that is one thing but where I am having a reamer made that is taking a 300 Win Mag and having it REDUCED DOWN to a 7MM..

I don't know how to allow for the throat jump area so I can have the right amount of room there for the extra length for the VLD bullets..

I really need to talk to you..

Would you please call me
801-347-8139 any time day or night

or TELL me what time I could call you
and leave me a phone # and the best time to call YOU

Knapper

Dallas Richardson
801-347-8139

Dustin,
You are the man buddy!
Great job on your build and great shooting.
Tyler though we were good shooting at 1000yds and taking antelope at 750 and 825 yds.
You just blew us out of the water with shooting like that!
I'm going to the range today...
I have a lot of catching up to do...LOL

Take care buddy

cumin-un-glued

Could you tell me who you had to make up the re-loading dies for your rifle??

knapper

Waiting for your phone call

801-347-8139

just left you a message

give me a call back

870-528-3027

anyone else that has any questions about my rifle are also welcome to give me a call any time before 9pm central time any day.

Caleb;
This question is for the guys that have a necked down 300 Win Mag. brass??
That is what mine will be, also;;

I (Think) LOL That I have every thing on order now for mine and "Criterion"
tells me that I can have my barrel about the first of March.. I hope I still have
my sanity by then.. My rifle when completed will be almost like Cummin-un-glued.. He has a couple of things that I didn't want; The fluting on the barrel
and bolt but other than that, He has the Weatherby action and mine will be the Savage..

Calib and cummin-un-glued,, Could or would you guys tell me what the OAL
of the seating depth in using the 180 gr, VLD is and if you allowed for the 200
gr. in the barrel reaming, if and when Berger starts making them?? One more
request and that is the makeup of the load that you are using?? Mine is
going to be lighter but I would like to have some idea where to start and So
far, I was going to use H4831SC powder, win mag primers, Win brass because
I just happen to have a lot of them right now??gun)

Dallas

H4381SC is a bit fast for 180s in this size case. According to QuickLOAD, you would leave 120-150 fps on the table vs. Reloader 33 for the same max pressure and barrel length.

Thank you Sir;

That is what Cummin-un-glued was telling me, earlier this afternoon and that
is his primary load also..

Knapper

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.