my first dura-coat project

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by B Jordan, Feb 19, 2007.

1. B Jordan

B Jordan Well-Known Member

this is a 300 rum i built for one of my friends and the first dura-coat i have used seemed like it turned out great just hope it is tuff

also want to put a plug in for shawn and his muzzle break it works great on this rifle and i also have one on my 7mm wsm and both rifles have very little kick and little to no muzzle rise [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lovdasnow

lovdasnow Well-Known Member

looks good, let us know how she shoots! looks to have potential

3. coupalr

coupalr Well-Known Member

Brian did you teflon coat that bolt?

4. B Jordan

[ QUOTE ]
    let us know how she shoots!

[/ QUOTE ]
    he wanted to shoot 160-180 grn bullets out of it so i loaded up a few 165 btips i had around we found about where the rifle was starting to get a little warm i think it was 102grn retumbo and shot 2 three shot groups that avged 3655fps i shot one that was around .4 and he shot one that measured .291 which he said was the best group of his life
    i am very anxious to work up a load for it when he gets some time

5. B Jordan

[ QUOTE ]
    Brian did you teflon coat that bolt?

[/ QUOTE ]

no just put tape around the locking lug area removed the shroud and dura-coated it seems to work very smooth and dont gum up

6. lazylabs

lazylabs Well-Known Member

NICE.... what sort of spray setup did you use? How about reducer or any other additives? Thanks for the info.... I am going to order the stuff soon.

7. B Jordan

[ QUOTE ]
    what sort of spray setup did you use?

[/ QUOTE ]
    i used a cheap airbrush from midway it comes with a air compresser attachment
    [ QUOTE ]
    How about reducer or any other additives?

[/ QUOTE ]
    i used a very small amount of reducer probably did not have to but i was having a pressure problem and thought the paint was to thick but ended up being a plugged hose