My first big buck!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Creedmoor shooter, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Creedmoor shooter

Creedmoor shooter Well-Known Member

So last night i shot my first big buck! Yesterday was opening day of rifle in NH and what a memorable one! It was at last shooting light yesterday and i was about ready to leave when i heard a deer grunting just in the woods from my stand on a power line. I hit my doe bleat can and he came running full bore straight at me! So i saw him come up the power line then disappeared in the brush over a bank grunting away. Well i bleated at him a couple of times but he wouldn't come out. I couldn't really see anymore so i was about to leave when all the sudden a deer went flying by me doing about 90! Well when i swung the rifle i banged it on my stand and that deer stopped cold. Then this other deer was coming hot right on her butt grunting the whole way. So i stopped him and went for the high shoulder shot and he went down right there and didn't budge. He was a ten pointer and weighed 175 lbs.

The hunting rig- Browning x-bolt 7mm rem mag topped with leupy vx-r. The load- 150 Nosler partition with 61 grains IMR 4350.

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3581.jpg

IMG_3584.jpg

Excuse the tonuge in the pics.... i couldn't get it back in his mouth lol!!!

2. MMERSS

MMERSS Well-Known Member

Your first buck is now your best buck!!! Congrats.

3. Creedmoor shooter

No ive shot other bucks but this is the first one that has had a nice rack. But thanks!!!:)gun)

4. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Nice buck, he's fairly even on both sides!

5. Creedmoor shooter

Thanks! He isnt a monster by any means but he is a nice deer for new hampshire.

6. derrelw

derrelw Well-Known Member

He's a beauty congrats!

7. dogbuster0006

dogbuster0006 Well-Known Member

That's a fine buck!!! Congrats great story too!!! It's great to see deer in action too.

8. Creedmoor shooter

Thanks! ya they are just starting to really get into it NH. Ive seen a few does and a spike but nothin i wanted to shoot til i saw him lol! My uncle had wounded a buck earlier that day so i ran him down and got another bullet in him but he still got away. Ran out of blood to follow. I really hate shooting a deer then have it get away.

9. varmintH8R

varmintH8R Well-Known Member

Great deer! You won't forget that story, the details of the day, and the feel of that shot breaking pretty much forever. Congrats!