My favorite new 2013 Sitka Gear jacket - the Kelvin Down Hoody

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
I always wished that Sitka Gear would make a super light-weight, extremely packable down jacket for all those times when I hike up to the top of a high ridge and then sit still for hours glassing. You know the deal - insulation layers stay in my pack while I'm sweating up the mountain. After sitting still in the cold ridge-top winds for a while there's nothing better than pulling out a puffy down jacket to keep my core warm so I can effectively glass. Well - they've finally done it!

New for 2013 - the Sitka Kelvin Down Hoody is extremely light-weight and packable thanks to 800 fill down insulation and a minimalist design. The hood is outstanding, designed to move with you rather than against you like many hoods, and featuring multiple adjustments. There's also a full stand-up storm collar that works equally well with the hood on or off. The shell is a light-weight mini-ripstop nylon with a water-resistant finish and it comes with its own stuff sack. I normally wear an XL jacket and the Kelvin Down Hoody's fit is consistent with that. My XL compresses down to the size of a cantaloupe.

We have an excellent selection of Sitka Gear clothing at the LRH Store and with Free Shipping plus a Free Sitka Hat or Gloves, you won't find a better deal. If you would like help selecting your Sitka Gear clothing give my son Andy a call at (920) 376-2010. He and I wear Sitka Gear clothing on all of our hunts these days.

-Len-

Down-Hoody.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts