My Edge, First Victim.

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by VSSF, Sep 23, 2008.

1. VSSF

VSSF Well-Known Member

Thanks to Shawn Carlock for the Idea and then the emails on how to finish this,it shoots. This groundhog was only at 200yds,but wait and see,can't wait to stretch it and nightforce's program out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rdm

rdm Well-Known Member

Great group. How bout some specs on that rifle? Please? That definitely is not the stock recoil lug. Really nice looking rig.

3. kiwi3006

kiwi3006 Well-Known Member

That must have put a hurtin on him! Nothin like a bit of overkill!!:D

Stu.

4. VSSF

VSSF Well-Known Member

28" Mike Rock Fluted Barrel,Tubb Lug,Blueprinted action (Smithed by Larry Wallace,Winchester,Va.) Bedded,Pillers,Wyatt Mag Box,Tubb Fireing pin spring,Holland Trigger Spring(soon to be Silver 40X Trigger),McMillan A-5 with adjustable Cheekpiece and Adjustable Length of Pull (4 flush cups),Nightforce 20MOA Base,Nightforce ACI, B-Square Level, Burris Signatures,Nightforce 5.5-22x50 NPR1 w/ Zero Stops,Harris Bipod with Pod-Lock. I think that covers it,it's my first custom gun. Shawn Helped out alot over the phone and emails with alot of stuff he didn't have to do,even sent me a Hat with my video.

5. VSSF

VSSF Well-Known Member

Nah, You can't make em too dead,heres my brother with one with his 458LOTT with 500gr. solids.
    [​IMG]

6. TMR

TMR Well-Known Member

Nice shooting....nothing like a little overkill...my brother used his Edge to dispatch a feral cat that had taken over the barn. That Shawn guy helps out alot and provides information, even if he doesn't have to.

7. remingtonman_25_06

remingtonman_25_06 Well-Known Member

Nice rifle!! Congrats on the unlucky chuck!!

Only 1 question though, I think I answered it myself, but I see no BRAKE on that rifle and your shooting 300g SMK's??

I have a about a 14lb ready to hunt 338 EDGE myself, and it definately has a brake and still cant spot my own hits at any yardage on 20x. Recoil is still definately there...

I cant imagine shooting those 300g SMK"s with no brake is all, not in a 15lb rifle anyways..

8. VSSF

VSSF Well-Known Member

The kicks not too bad,way less than I was prepared for. But, it weighs 18 pounds, and i'm 6-4 and 300lbs. It kicks less than my 300RUM Sendero. Didn't wanna make the roar any louder than it already is with a brake. You can definitely tell the difference when you light it off in the middle of a bunch of .308's. Here's my Sendero.
    [​IMG]

9. diderr

diderr Well-Known Member

nice shooting:)