My Edge, First Victim.

VSSF

Thanks to Shawn Carlock for the Idea and then the emails on how to finish this,it shoots. This groundhog was only at 200yds,but wait and see,can't wait to stretch it and nightforce's program out.
Guns847.jpg

Guns849.jpg

Great group. How bout some specs on that rifle? Please? That definitely is not the stock recoil lug. Really nice looking rig.

28" Mike Rock Fluted Barrel,Tubb Lug,Blueprinted action (Smithed by Larry Wallace,Winchester,Va.) Bedded,Pillers,Wyatt Mag Box,Tubb Fireing pin spring,Holland Trigger Spring(soon to be Silver 40X Trigger),McMillan A-5 with adjustable Cheekpiece and Adjustable Length of Pull (4 flush cups),Nightforce 20MOA Base,Nightforce ACI, B-Square Level, Burris Signatures,Nightforce 5.5-22x50 NPR1 w/ Zero Stops,Harris Bipod with Pod-Lock. I think that covers it,it's my first custom gun. Shawn Helped out alot over the phone and emails with alot of stuff he didn't have to do,even sent me a Hat with my video.

Nice shooting....nothing like a little overkill...my brother used his Edge to dispatch a feral cat that had taken over the barn. That Shawn guy helps out alot and provides information, even if he doesn't have to.

Nice rifle!! Congrats on the unlucky chuck!!

Only 1 question though, I think I answered it myself, but I see no BRAKE on that rifle and your shooting 300g SMK's??

I have a about a 14lb ready to hunt 338 EDGE myself, and it definately has a brake and still cant spot my own hits at any yardage on 20x. Recoil is still definately there...

I cant imagine shooting those 300g SMK"s with no brake is all, not in a 15lb rifle anyways..

The kicks not too bad,way less than I was prepared for. But, it weighs 18 pounds, and i'm 6-4 and 300lbs. It kicks less than my 300RUM Sendero. Didn't wanna make the roar any louder than it already is with a brake. You can definitely tell the difference when you light it off in the middle of a bunch of .308's. Here's my Sendero.
6687526yds.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.