My Dad's 2010, 1314 Yard Elk

Discussion in 'Defensive Edge Video Content' started by Shawn Carlock, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

I could not get ahold of Len so I will post this here I am sure he will relocate it to the video section. My website changing was not without it's setbacks. This is my dad's 1314 yard elk shot in 2010. Not to bad of a job if I do say so myself.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDp-1XkSDIE"]2010 DAD'S ELK - YouTube[/ame]

2. Archery1973

Archery1973 Well-Known Member

Completely awesome.

3. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Nice Job!!!! Those " Target Bullets" hammered that boy.:D:D

gun)------------------------------------------------------------------------------lightbulb

Thanks for sharing it.

Jeff

4. Antler24

Antler24 Active Member

Awesome shot!

After the bull stopped rolling I see in the vid a rabbit or something ran straight down past him.

5. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Holy cow, if the bullet didn't kill him the fall would, you can have that steep stuff :D Awesome shot, dig watching those traces!

6. Mike 338

Mike 338 Well-Known Member

Great video! Bullet?

7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

:D Meat Tenderizing Defensive Edge Style!!!!

8. mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner Well-Known Member

NICE!!! If he missed, he coulda blamed it on the gunsmith..................:D

Randy

9. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

Nice video and great shot.

Around halfway of the bulls roll down the incline you will see him knock loose what looks like a piece of a log. That follows him down.

10. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

Yes it was a big rock rolling past. Shot was made with a 300 SMK. I shot one the year prior at 1308 yards from the same spot, rock rest and rifle. Mine of course missed the log that dad's hung up in by 10 feet and went another 250 yards down the hill until he hung in some pines.

11. wstanton

wstanton Well-Known Member

Crazy great shot! Thats a fun video to watch! Thanks Shawn for posting that one!

12. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

Great job and I enjoy the family hunting aspect.

13. aroshtr

aroshtr Well-Known Member

Shawn, you guys said there was no wind at all, but did you end up making a spin drift/coriolis correction? I would estimate that there would have been about a full minute at that distance.

Joel

14. Shawn Carlock

Shawn Carlock Sponsor

The amounts were not enough to worry about, the full correction for both spin and coriolis would have been down 4" left 7". Spin drift varies from bullet to bullet but even more so based on twist and rifling profile. Coriolis is of course a by product of latitiude and heading, in this reguard coriolis can counter act the effects of spin drift to some degree in certain situations. Shooting the 338 Edge in our platform I don't get to excited about either until we get out a little futher than this shot was.