My buddy’s first build - 28 Nosler

Mram10us

My newest hunting partner is from Wisconsin and has never done LR till we linked up 3 years ago. Since, he has been brainstorming what to build. After shooting my 28 Nosler, he decided a twin was needed. We sent it out in January and had it back 3 weeks ago. Put it all together and shot it yesterday for the first time.
We started at 498yds on a rock face to check for zero. Made a couple adjustments and took it out to 1098yds for his last 7 shots. Nosler 168 competition ammo was usedsince it was on super sale and we'll reuse the brass. He hit a 16" rock (4of7 times) with 10-12mph winds from our 5 o'clock, laying prone on a rocky ridge off his bipod and backpack for rear rest.
B9C3BB62-3160-45D0-8ED1-27342EC9B029.jpeg

Rem 700 magnum action
26" #5 brux contour fluted Wilson barrel
Manners eh5 gap camo
Harris 9-13s with some mods
Custom brake and bolt handle by an amazing artist :)
Recessed crown
Talley one piece rings
Vortex hst 6-24x50 moa
Stock trigger with spring mod
Cerakoted graphite black

Gunsmith Kampfeld Customs did the action truing, chambering and barrel install. I just bedded it, cerakoted it and added the bolt handle. I have to say it shoots great. Highly suggest giving Mr Feldkamp a try with your build.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.