My best group ever!

justgoto

I just had to tell someone that could appreciate this.

The day before yesterday I was trying out my newest bullets, the Hornady FTX, made especially for lever actions. I had a bit of a problem when the cows invaded my rifle range so I had to take the last shot of 3, the next day.

I was pretty pumped because I was working on a 2.5 inch group, all I had to do was get that one bullet between the other 2 and I would have my best 300 yard group ever! My best used to be a little over 6 inches at 300 yards.

Here are the results,

833MOAgroup.jpg

and here is a video of the last shot.

YouTube - Best Group

Here are the first shots.

YouTube - New 30-30 Bullets

Not bad for a 30-30 with no scope.

I love those bullets!

ha, when I first read the post... I was thinking that it was decent shooting but not worth making such a fuss about... then I relized it was done with a 30-30 and no scope....

GREAT JOB!

ha, when I first read the post... I was thinking that it was decent shooting but not worth making such a fuss about... then I relized it was done with a 30-30 and no scope....

GREAT JOB!

:p

I had a scope. After my 20th shot it died... I was going for my first group zeroed at 300 yards; the 19th and 20th shots since its installation were 3/4s of an inch apart... the scope never held a zero again.

badgroup.jpg

I am trying another.

I've given up on scoping my model 94 since it's side mount and the two lines only cross once. I'm still considering a peep.

Nice shooting.

Interesting "gong" I have a pile of those in my shop I used to use all the time. I think your use is better and I would likely use them more!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts