My 6x45

dk17hmr

I think I may have a problem....I have 4 AR-15's all in different calibers. I bought an upper and it was a large pin upper and I dont have a large pin frame. So I took it apart and built one that would work for me. The barrel is a heavy/bull stainless 16" made by Mark Chanlynn. I used a vented rifle lenght free float tube so I could have room for a bipod and sling stud, it also hides the gas block, I had a spare chunk of rail so I mounted it just because and threw one of my cheap ACE Hardware weapon lights on it. I had a riser, rings, and the CenterPoint (walmart) scope which really isnt that bad for the $80 I paid for it, couple cans of flat camo paint in a rattle can and the rifle is ready for hunting out here in the desert.
I dont have a set of 6x45 dies yet, they should be here any day now, but being a 223 necked up to 243 I just put a .243 expander button in my 223 dies and made a couple case trimmed the mouth square...used the 223 seater and had some test rounds. With 24.5gr of H322, a 55gr Combined Tech/Nosler bullet, CCI 400 primers, all shoved into Lake City 556 brass did this today with 10 shots, I pulled one to the right .553" with the pulled for 10 rounds .413" without for 9 rounds out of a gas gun, off a bipod, with a rear bag.
IMG_0430.jpg

I saved 5 rounds from my original 20 loads and did some back road p-doggin.
At a Lasered 52 yards
IMG_0433.jpg

I took a couple shots at well past 250 with it but didnt connect. I did hit one at 354 cold bore with the 204 but he made if back into his hole.

I have been buying parts when I find them at a good price. I buy alot of stuff from PK Firearms, they are amazing to deal with.

AR's are pretty simple to put together, more so when you have a free float handgaurd like I put one this one....This was my 5 or 6 upper that I built, once I had all the parts on the bench it took about half an hour to get it all together. The lower takes about and hour to an hour and a half depending on how many detent pins you drop :D

What forearm is that. Looks like a YHM. Also, how does the scope work for you. Have you cranked it all the way up, or tried to box test it yet?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.