My 6.5X47Lapua

RMulhern

Didn't have a zero for 1200 yards but had a foundation zero so using the JBM Ballistics Program.....got on the mainframe with a shot and made a correction and fired these five shots. Group measured 6" vertical x 7.25" horizontal. This was shooting the 123 gr. Sierra Match King with 38 grs. Varget, BR4 Primer, Lapua cases w/COAL=2.749". Now that I've got a clue as to the zero....I'll sock my next 5 or 10 into the 10 ring plate. Bull overall diameter is 44" with the inner 10 ring plate being 20". I don't believe over a 60 year span of shooting that I've ever fired a rifle as accurate as this one! Built on a Rem 700 action with McMillan stock and topped off with a NightForce scope. One helluva accurate rifle and cartridge!!

Cool cartridge, huh. I think it is the most impressive cartridge out there. Most bang for the buck, so to speak.:D

Steve

Cool cartridge, huh. I think it is the most impressive cartridge out there. Most bang for the buck, so to speak.:D

Steve

Steve

Yep....and no hassle of case prep and all that either!! Standard reloading procedures with no NTurning or what have you! This rifle has shot me some groups that are totally OUTSTANDING!!:D:)

Would some one give me the tech. info on the 6.5 x 47 Laupa . Case, powder cap., twist, vel., etc.
mike

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.