My 6.5 x 284 Build

C.O. Shooter, any particular reason that you're looking at the Huskemaw over the Vortex PST? Was one better than the other or was it just customer service? Just wondering what the differences might be.

I guess it was the matter of simplistics! I know it was a few dollars more, however, in all the categories I was comparing them to, the Huskemaw won. I guess to start was the overall size. The weight was equal at 23 oz's, but the Vortex was wider with the long windage turret. The Vortex had a OAL of 15.5" compared to the Huskemaw at 13.6". The Huskemaw seemed more compact but with long range capabilities. I did not like how busy the Vortex reticle appeared (EBR-1 MOA Reticle). The Huskemaw had an 8 MOA reticle for wind. Overall the the Huskemaw had a nicer finish and the glass was clearer than the Vortex. I guess it all comes down to a matter of preference also. Both scopes have custom turrets available. The Huskemaw had 1/3 MOA adjustments to the Vortex 1/4 MOA adjustments. The Huskemaw comes with two turrets. A black turret to obtain your data and a blue one to send in with your data to have laser etched. Also both scopes have zero stop capabilities.

I would not discourage anyone from buying a Vortex scope they are really nice, however, after comparing the two the Huskemaw is what I want.

Re: My 6.5 x 284 Build (update)

Today I purchased a H-S Precision PST-036 in gray with black web! Purchased directly from HS who said it is about a 4 month wait. Arghhhhhhhh! They indicated they do not keep stocks in stock, they build them when ordered! I guess that is a good thing though!

Here is a pic:
H-S Precision Pro-Series M24 Vertical Grip Varmint Tactical Remington 700 Winchester 70 Stocks - Fixed PST 035 036 053 055

The only thing I am waiting on now are my firing pin assembly, recoil lug, and bolt knob from Pierce Engineering! Then off to the smith!

I just received my parts from Pierce Engineering today! Really great looking stuff! Very impressed!

Attachments

• photo11-2.jpg
    photo11-2.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 67
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.