My 2nd Attempt at Camo Painting

huntfish

This .223 is a little truck-gun project that was put together from parts laying around. Hust, does this barrel look familiar? Anyway, I had an action from who-knows-where and a HS Precision LTR stock that was left orphaned after I upraded the stock on a 308.
This go around I used a few more stencils. I reversed the last two colors in traditional GAP camo process. I tried to lighten my paint thickness but failed, I think. I was too paranoid about good coverage. The main "new" thing I tried was only using two color coats. The black on this stock is the original HS finish. I stenciled on top of the factory finish without a base coat. I was pleased to see that the factory finish is very close to the paint I used. After a few layers of clear coat, I think it will be about perfectly matched. I was able to do this stock in about 2 hours compared to 4 on my first go around. I can tell that this is gonna get addictive.
IMG_2573.jpg

Looks great man. I plan on painting mine tonight in a similar fashion. But I think I'm going to use a base of khaki.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.