My 2012 Bull

Broz

Took this guy today from one of my favorite long range vantage points. He was at 636 yards. I used my 300 Win Mag with a Berger 215 Hybrid. Took maybe two steps. Pretty good bull for this neck of the woods. Been watching him for a while, he was the biggest one I have seen this fall for sure.

Jeff

DSC04172Small.jpg

Resampled_2012-10-21_10-10-34_697Small.jpg

Nice bull. You've got me so impressed with your shooting skills when I read 636 yards I was expecting an archery kill not a 300 magnum! May your season continue to be great.

Look at the body on that Elk . How could you have missed it:):). That is a nice bull I would be very proud to take one like that . Any Ideah on what he scores and what he weighs ?

I knew you would have a Elk pic up for us soon:D

Thank you all. I feel very fortunate for getting a chance at an animal like this.

The bullet was not recovered. I did post pics of the holes and damage to vitals in this thread along with my thoughts at this point of the terminal performance of the 215 Bergers.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/cmparing-berger-210-vld-215-hybrid-88657/index14.html

Have not gotten the official score yet. But he has 51" main beams and a 47 5/8" inside spread.

Don't know what he weighed but sure glad I had some top notch help getting him out .:)

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.