Muzzle loader accuracy

khardee

Im sure this will open a can of worms-and Im sure there will be many various opinions. I have a T/C Triumph and I am looking to buy some of the new Black Horn 209 powder. I have been shooting 777 loose ffg and fffg with shockwave 200gr and 250gr as well as barnes 250gr. Ive worked loads from 90-125grs. Ive been using he Winchester BP 209 primers. Im OCD to the 'nth degree and the accuracy from these combinations is 3-4' at 100yrds-with the occasional flyer. Ive killed multiple deer with various combinations of the above-yet Im looking for more consistent accuracy. Ive found that when reloading the rifle using the 777 that its much much easier than pyrodex, however the blast ring where the sabot touches the powder creates inconsistent loading depths. If anyone has any experience with the Black Horn 209 please let me know what your results were. I need as much diretion as possible. Looking for best bullet/load combinations. Thanks in advance.

please excuse my mistake-somehow I overlooked the muzzloading forum! If a moderator happens to come across this thread-and if it's possible-can this thread be sent to the ML forum? Thanks in advance-and I apologize!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.