muzzle breaks

angus-5024

I want to put a brake on my rem XCR (.338rum). I dont want to spend a bunch on a nice break to put on my factory barrel (pearls to swine). I like the baffle design and flush mount. my smith has radial breaks but nothing else. is there a cheaper (not crap) break out there that will look good on a sporting rifle?
thanks,

jordan

I've used 5 of Harrall's brakes...I like the "swirley"design...plus made several of my own design. Excellent price...need to be fitted by a smith or someone with a lathe, then polished and shaped...they are a bit rough...they work great.:D

FWIW Varmint Al, Varmint Al's Shooting Page, has a couple of nice recoil calculating programs.lightbulb

Muzzlebrake338LapuaMagnum.jpg

JP Enterprise makes 2 styles of baffle brakes. Their original recoil eliminator and a Bennie Cooley Tactical. Both are under $100. I've made custom radial brakes which are stream lined with the barrel contour and just put the holes on the top and sides. A full radial brake will blow dirt all over when shooting prone.

Shawn brake diameters are all way to big for staight style mounting on my barrel (7/16). otherwise one would probably already be in the mail.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.