muzzle brakes

genecole

I am looking into putting a muzzle brake on my new Encore 300 win mag. (it knocked my girlfriend pretty bad the other day) and was looking for some opinions. I have narrowed it down to these three from Brownells:
1: Vais
2: Ops-R3E26 (supplied to military special ops)
3: QUE adjustable brake (like Browning BOSS)

I like the reduced noise and concussion of the vias and OPS, but i have always liked to be able to dial in my hunting load.

Have any of you had any experience with any of these and which would you go with.
Thanks, so far this forum has been great and very helpful, i am hooked.
Gene Cole III

Gene

I have experience with the Vais and the Que. Both are good. The load tuning capability of the Que Industries is very easy to use and the unit is very easy to install. However, as you maybe know, most shooters who reload would consider the tuning feature to be unnecessary since you can tune the load with powder quantity and seating depth changes.

[ 04-20-2004: Message edited by: Len Backus ]

Just put an Ops Inc on my Sendero 300 WM. I'm very impressed with it. Recoil is the same or slightly less than my Rem 308 VS shooting 168's. I took both to the range last weekend and I didn't notice a big jump in noise as the shooter. I did notice an increase in noise when I had my Dad shoot it and I stood to the side. In fact I felt the blast too.

The brake works great though and I was pleasantly surprised that there wasn't much extra noise to the shooter.

Give Answer Products a call. They make a very nice brake.

Don
smile.gif

Another vote for Answer Products. I had them put one of there brakes on my Model 70 .300 Win Mag and it is a baby now (about like a .270 or so). They were very fast and the brake looks awsome-it matches the barrel contour. Check them out on line-they have a pretty informative website.

Len
Thank you. The OD of the sendero is to great for the QUE. I have had great results with the adjustable QUE on 3 rifles. Excelent accuracy.
I will need to have B&B gunworks Richard Buss place his Muzzlemaster on this barrel.
From what I can gather his is alos an excelent Ballistics adjustable system.

I would recomend to anyone ths use of the adjustable muzzle breaks for accuracy at any muzzle volocity.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.