Muzzle brake

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by overbore, Aug 8, 2006.

1. overbore

overbore Well-Known Member

Gents, I have a bum shoulder complete with steel pin insert but I am going to get a 338LM from Surgeon when they are released. I will use a Limb Saver pad and an insert in my shirt but I am asking for any suggestions on a 60% recoil reducing brake. I have a homungous Vias on my 300wsm but looking for more reduction. Many thanks, Overbore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

Absolute most recoil reduction will be with a JP cannon style brake as far as I am aware of. Ugly as a mud duck but no question effective.

Other then that I would recommend a Defensive Edge(Shawn Carlocks her on LRH) or a Holland to get that recoil down to comfortable levels for your shoulder.

Kirby Allen(50)

3. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

Yep , I second the JP brake they are big and differant looking , butt ugly to some and awsome to others , but they are dead nuts the best for dropping the recoil , muzzel blast is raised but I guess the same as with others.

Getting a 300 gr bullet kicked off is gonna make some energy that only weight can deal with but with a good pad and good brake it shoulden't be a problem unless your gun is gonna be realy light.