muzzel brake cover

Dskiper

hey hunters, do you cover your brake with anything while hunting to protect from snow,mud,or debris? If so what do you use? Can you shoot thru anything like taping over a barrel end? thanks, Dskiper

You can cover your brake and end of barrel and it has no effect on the shot. I use electricians tape although I've seen everything from balloons to condoms to finger cots used.

I had a bit of fun one day. I wrapped heaps of electrical tape around the muzzel brake on my .338WM, just to see if it could stand the pressure.

I left the exit hole uncovered so that the gas could escape out the muzzel as normal. I thought if I put enough tape around it that it would hold, so I went around about twenty times.

Well when I fired the rifle there was tape all over the paddock in a 30 yard radius. Did not find any tape bigger than a quarter inch square.

Didn't do it again.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts