Muscle brake vs Painkiller brake

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by silvercreekguide, Jan 14, 2012.

1. silvercreekguide

silvercreekguide Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I am in the process of building a 338EDGE and have decided on one of these two brakes. To me they look very similar and I am not sure what the differences are if there are any. Has anyone compared the two with a caliber similar to the EDGE. Any advice and input would be great!

2. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

I don't have a Muscle brake for actual comparison though I do have a PK on a 375 Allen Magnum.

The PK is super effective compared to results of the Holland QD on my 338 RUM.

I think highly of Jim See's Muscle brake and will have one on my next build.

I think the decision will come down to cosmetics as I don't think the two brakes are all that similar. Jim as an innovation in his that allow it to be a bit smaller, I think.

I like the big slab of the PK for macho on the 375 AM.:rolleyes: But it does add a bit of weight.

Recoil wise I doubt there is much if any noticeable difference.

3. Booney

Booney Well-Known Member

I love my painkiller.

4. ultraedge

ultraedge Well-Known Member

I don't have a Painkiller, but I have 3 Musclebrakes on Edge rifles. They are pleasant to shoot and you don't get the blast in the face like many other brakes.

5. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

I have both they are both great! I like the looks of Kirbys brake more.