Mullerworks barrels

I've not used them but talked to Greg at SPR about them. He indicates that they're great barrels. I've been tempted to try one. He makes a 6.5 in 8 twist 3 groove. I am a fan of three groove barrels on throat burners. Take all if this with a grain of salt as I have no direct knowledge, just what I've heard. I do know that they are button barrels. Pushed or pulled I don't know.

Try one and let us know!!

I've not used them but talked to Greg at SPR about them. He indicates that they're great barrels. I've been tempted to try one. He makes a 6.5 in 8 twist 3 groove. I am a fan of three groove barrels on throat burners. Take all if this with a grain of salt as I have no direct knowledge, just what I've heard. I do know that they are button barrels. Pushed or pulled I don't know.

Thanks Michael! I read on their website (SPR) that he said you would not be disappointed, but would also like to hear some first hand reports. I agree with 3 groovers for barrel burners. I had one on a 300 rum that lasted pretty well. It was a 3 groove Lilja. I also have a 3 groove, 8 twist Lilja on my 6.5 Sherman which has around 1700 rounds through it and still shoots well.
By the way, rumor has it that there will be a new state of the art barrel maker in Spokane........Rich

I have one in 6.5 SAUM. Awesome bbls. Break in is easy and shoots great, would buy another in a heartbeat.

What twist and grove? Thanks CPG..........Rich

p.s. How do you like the SAUM? What kind of velocities/groups do you get........

I had ordered an 8 twist 3 groove but after I got the saum chambered I noticed it was a 4 groove. The blank was mismarked in the breech end. I let dan at mullerworks know and he shipped me out the correct barrel out right away. Great customer service. I haven't chambered it up yet but will soon.

I love the SAUM. I'm running the 140 JLK's at 3180 with very mild pressure. If I do my part it will shoot in the .2's-.3's at 100 and I have shot several sub half moa groups at 1050. I've played with the 160's a bit and they seem to shoot well too. I haven't shot them since the bbl was brand new and they were running right at 3000 fps and the 140's were running 3140 so I suspect the 160's will be around 3040ish now. I may have to test them out on a moose in the Yukon in the near future.

I had ordered an 8 twist 3 groove but after I got the saum chambered I noticed it was a 4 groove. The blank was mismarked in the breech end. I let dan at mullerworks know and he shipped me out the correct barrel out right away. Great customer service. I haven't chambered it up yet but will soon.

I love the SAUM. I'm running the 140 JLK's at 3180 with very mild pressure. If I do my part it will shoot in the .2's-.3's at 100 and I have shot several sub half moa groups at 1050. I've played with the 160's a bit and they seem to shoot well too. I haven't shot them since the bbl was brand new and they were running right at 3000 fps and the 140's were running 3140 so I suspect the 160's will be around 3040ish now. I may have to test them out on a moose in the Yukon in the near future.

Sounds very similar to my 6.5 SS velocity wise. Good luck on that moose. Those 160's will do the job. What powder are you using?......Rich

223 Rem at 300 yards, Mullerworks 8tw. This is a standard production barrel
2vdp9pi.jpg

the same at 565 yards last weekend. Load development......Done!
35d23oo.jpg

308 Win, cut rifled barrel with prototype rifling. This is not yet available but will be very, very soon. This rifling profile has very interesting attributes that equate to some pretty neat benefits to the shooter. We are collecting as much info as possible so this is represented as accurately as possible upon release
f0ah3c.jpg

I actually shoot this barrel, bought it from Bugholes. Chambered by C Dixon, it's turning out to be my best shooting rifle I've ever had built. I have a 3 shot group shot at 300 yards around here somewhere, just can't find it, it was under 1/2".

Before you jump on the bandwagon here, this 3 groove, 8 twist barrel seems way slow, though I'm shooting a 6.5x47, which is no barrel burner anyway, but the 4 groove 8 twist seems to run faster.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.