Mulit Purpose

jsthntn247

Been waiting on a Sightron 8-32x56 moa for 6 weeks now. I wanted this for a dual purpose hunting, target scope. I planeed on using it on my 308 during competition seasn then taking it off and using it on my 7mag during hunting season. I just called sightron and they told me it would be another 4-6 weeks before they shipped any out and that SWFA might not even be getting any on that order. So now I was thinking about getting the 1/8th or 1/4th dot reticle but dont' know if either of these will suffice for hunting. What should I do, I have been quated a price of 780 from swfa for the moa 2 reticle on their price match guarantee which is why I havn't looked else where for the scope. What should I do, I've already missed one match this season and am about to miss another one.

Next time check that the seller has the item in stock when you place the order. If they can't tell you buy elsewhere.

The solution is to go to a local gun shop or sporting good store and buy a sensible hunting scope. You can use it at the match while you wait for the Sightron to show up. Do you really want a 8-32x56 with a target dot for hunting?

Last edited:
Next time check that the seller has the item in stock when you place the order. If they can't tell you buy elsewhere.

The solution is to go to a local gun shop or sporting good store and buy a sensible hunting scope. You can use it at the match while you wait for the Sightron to show up. Do you really want a 8-32x56 with a target dot for hunting?

I did, swfa had them listed in stock. Didn't get it in a week, then called them, they said 4 weeks max, now it seems like 10 weeks. That neither here nor there, and now that I think about it, I would rather spend 130 more dollars elsewhere that has a little better customer service.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.